Nontraditional Channels REPORT: A Key Industry Growth Driver
Pentallect’s report, NONTRADITIONAL RETAIL FOOD CHANNELS: A KEY INDUSTRY GROWTH DRIVER, evaluates the impact of ten under-reported nontraditional channels on the total food industry. For each of these channels, we provide size and growth estimates, measure their impact on the total industry, and provide extensive survey data on consumer behavior, usage intentions, and attitudes, including the reasons for using / not using. The report utilizes insights from a demographically balanced survey with over 1,000 consumers.
The ten nontraditional channels analyzed in the report include:
- Club Stores
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Ethnic/Neighborhood Stores (e.g. bodegas)
- Farmers Markets
- Food Trucks
- Limited Assortment Stores, like Aldi, Grocery Outlet and Save-A-Lot
- Meal Kits/Home Delivered Meals like Blue Apron and Hello Fresh
- Online like Amazon.com and Walmart.com
- Specialty Stores (e.g. bakeries, butchers, etc …)
- Trader Joe’s
- Nontraditional channels will account for almost one-third of all food industry growth through 2023.
- Traditional Retail will be negatively impacted the most by nontraditional channel growth.
- Frequency of use is high among users and overall market penetration remains relatively low; indicating significant upside potential.
- The nontraditional channels, collectively, will grow at more than double the rate of the overall food channel as two-thirds of consumers plan to use nontraditional channels the same or more, or will try them.
The Nontraditional Channels: A Key Industry Growth Driver report covers the following topics in total and for each nontraditional channel:
■ U.S. Food and Beverage Industry Sales and Growth by Channel
■ Nontraditional Channel Summary Statistics
■ Nontraditional Channel Growth
■ Usage of Nontraditional Channels
■ Frequency of Using Nontraditional Channels
■ Spending at Nontraditional Channels
■ Planned Usage of Nontraditional Channels
■ Heavy User Group Dynamics
■ Consumer Attitudes Toward Each Nontraditional Channel
■ Significant Findings
The Pentallect Nontraditional Channels: A Key Industry Growth Driver report is a “must have” for organizations trying to understand overall food industry dynamics, growth channels, shifting consumer behavior and the implications for their business strategies.