Third-Party Food Delivery Service Market REPORT: Current Situation and Future Prospects
Pentallect’s report, THIRD-PARTY FOOD DELIVERY SERVICE MARKET – Current Situation and Future Prospects, utilizes Pentallect primary consumer research and industry analysis to profile the growth, consumer usage and expectations and implications of the rapidly growing third-party restaurant meal and grocery delivery services within the food industry.
THE REPORT COVERS THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
■ Size and growth of third party food delivery services relative to other primary food industry segments
■ Consumer behavior, including:
- Share of various dinner sourcing options – full service restaurants, limited service restaurants, scratch preparation, take out, restaurant and grocery delivery services, meal kits, etc.
- Primary reasons for using/not using third party delivery service – restaurant and grocery
- Third party food delivery service usage – restaurant and grocery
- Satisfaction levels with delivered restaurant food quality
- Monthly usage frequency of dinner options
- Most important factors in selecting third party delivery services
- Average number of people served and average expenditure per order
- Leading alternative sources to third party food delivery services
- Usage by gender, age group, household, income, market type (metro, suburbs, etc.) and region
- Future usage expectations for third party food delivery services
■ Restaurant check average and margin analysis – on-site versus delivery service consumption
■ Summary of findings and implications for food supply chain participants – manufacturers, operators, grocery retailers, distributors and sales agencies.
A summary of key findings from the report includes:
- Third-party delivery services are now mainstream: 13% of consumers have used a third-party restaurant meal delivery service and 6% a grocery delivery service in the past 30 days.
- The market is rapidly gaining scale: Third-party food delivery service revenues will effectively double in the next five years, with projected annual growth of 13.5% – almost five times the total food industry rate.
- Not just for millennials: While more than one-quarter of 18-29 year-olds use restaurant delivery services, significant usage extends into older age cohorts; and over 85% of all consumers plan to use third-party food delivery services as much, or more often, in the future.
- Metro and suburban appeal: Metro areas are clearly the sweet spot, but there is a significant usage in smaller cities and the suburbs.
The Pentallect Third-Party Food Delivery Service Market – Current Situation and Future Prospects report is a “must have” for organizations trying to understand overall food industry dynamics, growth channels, shifting consumer behavior and the implications for their business strategies.